Monday, December 12, 2011

Graduation Week

Graduation Week is here! I have one more final exam and then I'm finished with the academics and that's my Forensics final tomorrow morning at 8:00. I got my grade on my Legal final today as well as my grade for the course..."A". Also got my grade on my third Media project from the Colonel..."A". Unless I just totally blow the Forensics final, I should come out of here with all "A's". If you would have asked me 10 weeks ago after I first started, I would have told you that I'd be lucky to graduate. The instructors here are great, though and will go out of their way to help anyone.

This morning was also my final fitness assessment. We had an assessment when we first started 10 weeks ago and this was to see if there was any improvement in our overall strength, endurance, and health. Officially, I lost 9.3 pounds, 1/4 on my waist, body fat percentage went from 18 to 15, grip strength increased, push ups went up by 11, plank time increased by 1:00, and my 1.5 mile time deceased by 56 seconds. Afterwards, we were presented with our bricks.

This past weekend, it was back to DC for some more sightseeing. First stop was The Pentagon Memorial. I got to see the indoor memorial when we had our tour of The Pentagon several weeks ago but didn't get to see the outdoor memorial.









The Memorial starts with the youngest victim, in this case, a three year old girl, and move chronologically to the oldest victim. The way it is laid out, it also runs in the same direction as the plane when it struck The Pentagon.

Also went to Arlington National Cemetery. I have always seen pictures in books and on TV and films but, until you actually go there and see the grave markers, you just cannot comprehend it. I also made it in-time to see the Changing of The Guard at the Tomb of The Unknowns. Talk about something that is impressive and powerful, this is it. The Guard is changed every hour, on the hour. Its a must see.




















Graduation practice is Wednesday. Thursday is the NA Family Luncheon and Thursday night is The Social. Friday morning at 10:00 is graduation. First thing first...Forensics final tomorrow. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. The coveted "Yellow Brick"...great job!!! Too bad the pool was closed for your session. Wishing you good luck on the final Forensics exam. You're almost at the end of the session and the last week was a little depressing, having to say bye to a bunch of great folks but you'll have fun staying in touch with them via FB, emails, phone calls, etc. Have a great week and enjoy it. Let me be one of the first to congratulate you on your graduation. Have fun, be safe, and Aloha.

    ReplyDelete