Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 12


Hobbled my way through the first challenge run today. It wasn't pretty but I did run the entire thing. The last half mile really hurt. Hurt so much that I ended up going over to medical after the run. They checked out the knee and told me the good news and the bad news. The good news is that there's no damage to me knee...said its just tendinitis or "anserine bursitis" of the pes anserinus tendon. The bad news is, its gonna hurt like hell. The told me to load up on the ibuprofen and ice it. Said the cause is most likely my flat feet. Well duh! I'm a cop.

The rain held off until we were just finishing which was good. Conditioning wise, I think I'm all right. I'm not the best but I'm not the worst either. Fighting through the pain is going to be one of my bigger challenges.

My paper for Buddy's class was on forensic entomology. I asked one of my detectives what I should do my paper on and that's what he told me to do, so I did. I actually learned something. Hope Buddy likes the paper.

Flag night is tonight. I brought alot of patches with me...hopefully, I'm not taking them back home with me.














It's me in the last two pics. I can't even remember who I gave my camera to for the picture of me crossing the line but thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on completing the first challenge run. Those photos are great. Try and convince others to post their photos too. Suggest Flickr or Picasa websites. Too bad the pool is closed...we would simply jump in the pool after a challenge because the damn showers were packed. We also had a few 246ers with "kneemonia" but they cowboyed up and earned their "yellow brick". Enjoy Flag Night and be safe.

    ReplyDelete