Saturday, October 15, 2011

Section 2 BBQ

Today was an absolutely beautiful day at the Academy.


I decided to get away for a couple of hours and drove down to Fredericksburg to pick-up a few things. Along the way, I got to sit in two parking lots. The first was called I-95 South. The second was my alleged detour...US-1 South. Traffic here is horrible. Anyway, I did make it back in time to put on my UT Orange and see the team run through the "T". Apparently, it was the highlight of the game. I didn't stay to watch.

I didn't stay because it was time to go to our section BBQ. For those who do not know, the 247th (and every session) is divided up into sections of about 40-50 students each. We have six sections and I'm in Section #2.

There is a beautiful recreation area on the base called Lunga Lake. It has thousands of wooded acres with numerous campgrounds around the lake. We had our picnic in the FBI Recreation Area.


The pictures do not do this place justice.

A good time was had by all who attended. Plenty of food, adult beverages, and relaxation.

Since I stayed up late last night (actually, it was very early in the morning) working on a paper and I'm doing laundry while I'm authoring this post, tomorrow will probably be a stay around the lounge area and watch football day.

Monday starts Week #3.

4 comments:

  1. John - send me an email and I will send you a better looking 247 NA Logo. Mike from the 246.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike (246). Couldn't send you an email. Contact me at jkelly5817@gmail.com Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that some Yuengling I see? I sure miss that PA beer. The weeks sure are moving at a quick pace. Make the most of it because before you know it, graduation will be there. Nice pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you don't get something from me, send me something at piney1 at g mail dot com

    ReplyDelete